Hyosung to Introduce New Ocean Protection Initiative and Textile Innovations at Interfilière Paris
News & Events | June 3, 2022
Presenting innovative and sustainable textile solutions to intimate, swim, loungewear brands
June 3, 2022; Seoul South Korea – After a two year hiatus due to COVID-19, Hyosung, the world’s largest elastane manufacturer and global textile solutions provider, is looking forward to returning to Interfilière Paris, June 18-20, to present is new Ocean Protection Initiative, along with its Fashion Design Center’s (FDC) SS ’23 textile trends and continuous textile innovation solutions.
Ocean Protection Initiative – Turning trash into treasure
“Cleaning up our oceans is of critical importance to Hyosung and many of our brand partners”, said Mike Simko, Hyosung Global Marketing Director-Textiles. “Our ocean-based recycled fibre offering will allow brands to develop eco-friendly products that align with their sustainability needs, and also help provide them with a meaningful story their consumers can connect with.”
At Interfilière, Hyosung will highlight:
- MIPAN regen ocean: GRS certified, 100% recycled nylon made from discarded fishing nets and other reclaimed nylon waste. Hyosung conducts an extensive collection, chemical recycling and creation process in order to produce exceptional quality yarn that meets brands’ expectations.
- regen ocean: 100% recycled polyester fibre is made from ocean plastic, which is Ocean Bound Plastic (OBP) certified. This certification was created by Zero Plastic Oceans to transparently certify that plastic waste is correctly collected and managed.
MIPAN regen ocean will receive OBP certification in the first quarter of 2023.
Continuous Innovation – Re:create better
“Through a recent brand partner survey, we’ve learned that most have individual sustainability priorities,” said Simko. “We are fortunate to have a broad portfolio of sustainable solutions to meet brands’ diverse needs.”
Furthering its sustainable offering, Hyosung will present its:
- creora® highclo™: elastane designed to overcome vulnerability to damage by chlorine.
- creora® regen: GRS certified, 100% recycled elastane
- creora® bio-based: elastane made with 30% renewable resource
- regen askin: 100% recycled polyester cooling and UV protective fibre
- MIPAN regen aqua-X: 100% recycled nylon cooling and UV protective fibre
Hyosung FDC SS ’23 Intimate & Loungewear Textile Trends – Essence of Comfort
FDC’s essential intimates and lounge trend is imbued with innovation and storytelling, such as all-day comfort and upgraded texture while staying focused on enhanced basic functionality.
Hyosung will present a broad assortment of fabrics and concept garments developed by its FDC to help product developers and designers conceive garments made with its innovative yarns that include lightweight, soft-touch, soft stretch, cooling, color-enhancing, and sustainable benefits.
Hyosung’s Interfilière stand can be found in Hall 7.2, booth E24, Porte de Versailles.
Hyosung is a comprehensive fibre manufacturer that produces world-class products, providing innovation and solutions to the textile industry. Hyosung’s creora® elastane is the world’s largest elastane brand, supplying the broadest range of stretch fibre offerings supported by exceptional technology and quality. Mipan® nylon and specialty polyester provide functional and sustainable fibre solutions that are essential to today’s dynamic textile market. Visit our blog at blog.hyosungtnc.com for all the latest trend, event and product updates. Hyosung can also be found on Instagram @hyosung_textiles and on LinkedIn at Hyosung Performance Textiles.