Hyosung SS ’23 Trend Byte #8
Trends | May 20, 2022
We’ve come to our final sub-trend in our Urban Standard mega-trend series, which we are calling Lightweight Protection.
As COVID-19 continues, consumers have begun to go out, however, they still want to wear the soft and comfortable clothes they used to wear when staying inside the home. Reflecting these consumer needs, outerwear with lightweight and soft touch is becoming more and more popular. In addition to being lightweight, garments ideally include water resistance, anti-bacterial, and sustainable properties.
Our recommended yarns for our Lightweight Protection trend include:
- Cotna: a cotton-like polyester fiber with the touch of a natural fiber, and easy care function.
- regen cotna: 100% recycled cotton-like polyester fiber that has the touch of a natural fiber.
- regen aerolight: 100% recycled lightweight polyester made with post-consumer PET that has excellent moisture absorbing and quick-drying properties due to C-type hollow core and multi-filament structure.
- MIPAN regen: GRS certified 100% recycled nylon made from reclaimed waste.
- creora® powerfit: spandex/elastane with high power and excellent heat resistance that maintains its fabric power even when setting at high temperature or re-dyeing.
Please contact us for more information on these performance yarns and our textile trend information. We will be back next week with our third and final SS ’23 mega-trend!