Hyosung FDC SS 25 Trend Byte 8
Trends | July 12, 2023
We’ve reached our final Great Escape sub-trend our FDC calls Bleisure Travel.
Bleisure Travel – the blurring of work and life boundaries…
A new travel culture has been created due to the explosive increase in business trips and remote work since the end of the pandemic. Prior to COVID-19, travel was divided into business trips and leisure. However now, bleisure travel – travel that blurs the line between business and leisure – is emerging. Products that can be worn for both office wear and travel that offer mechanical stretch and are lightweight, wrinkle-free, packable, and water-repellent will become more important.
Our recommended yarns for Bleisure Travel include:
- xanadu: a mechanical stretch fiber made from a blend of PET and corn-based materials
- regen xanadu: mechanical stretch fiber made with a blend of recycled post-consumer PET and corn-based material
- regen polyester: GRS-certified 100% recycled polyester made from post-consumer PET
- regen nylon: GRS-certified 100% recycled nylon made from reclaimed waste
- askin: cooling and UV-protective polyester fiber
- aqua-x: cooling and UV-protective nylon fiber
- creora® bio-based: USDA and SGS-certified spandex/elastane partly made with renewable resources
Please contact us for more information on our textile trends, performance yarns, and fabric suggestions by clicking on the contact button. We will move on to our last Regenerative Life Mega-Trend theme – Wellness Strategy next week!